We'll start with songs this time, because well, this is a random post and these songs so perfectly encompass my mood right now. . .
Explosions In The Sky. . .
(Sigh)
Alright. So 2009 has been a roller coaster so far. Lots of ups and lots of downs. I never know what each day will bring, and more often than not, when one day is very drab the next is exciting and inspiring. Those inspiring days are usually a result of me shedding some layers of myself and feeling the weight lift. Its this teetering balance of peeling back and hanging on, contracting and expanding. I think I'm growing out of a lot too. Old love, old debt, old stories, old routines and patterns. They all feel like what we used to call "paint leave-ins" in my AP Art class. . .which were the accumulation of the built up oil paint we would scrape off our palettes and onto a poster board we had hanging on the wall. The colors would all blend together in a rainbow formation, creating a collective collaboration of everyone's leftovers. This was the only one I kept. . .
"A happy thought that,
for not being born
is the only tragedy
that we can imagine
but need never fear."
-Alden Nowlan
What else? Oh, if you read this blog in a Reader then you probably haven't seen the new header! Its thanks to the AMAZING Rhonna Farrer and pretty exciting if I may say so. I bought a commercial pack of some of her stuff and updated my website too, although I'm still not sure if it communicates the right thing. There's some problems with it loading too slowly too. I think that might be a President's day off sort of project.
Today I'm grateful for my job, good music, good wine, poetry, memories, and the distinctions that guide my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment