Wednesday, December 9, 2009

clearing my head

Wow--so much mumbo jumbo going through this noggin' of mine.  I think when I study and/or read a lot, my mind gets so stimulated that I get a lot of anxiety.  Or so it seems.  So for 20 minutes I'm going to sit here, breathe and spill all the randomness. . .


1) I just found out why the peanut butter I bought was only $2.39.  Stir.  You have to stir it.  Duh.  I grew up on Skippy so I still often forget the mechanics involved with real peanut butter. 


2) I may or may not be eating apple cinnamon buckwheat pancakes for dinner.  That's right.


3) After hearing my friends rave about them, I finally bought Bunny Snacks.  They're even better than they said they'd be. 


4) Ever since Obama's speech last week, I can't shake the fact that we've been at war for over 8 years, and we probably have several more to go.  Its not that I didn't think I would see this in my lifetime, its that I can't understand the root idea of people killing people to solve a conflict. And I can't really wrap my head around the idea that amidst all our progression as a species, we've also developed bigger and better ways of denonating each other over the years.  And I can't help but wonder. . .what are we going to destroy first--the earth, or each other and ultimately ourselves?


The other day friend posted that haunting quote from Einstein:



"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."



When I process it all, I'm sure I'll have more to say on the subject.  


5) I've been mentally putting together a "To Read" list in my head for Christmas break.  Here goes. . .


{gonna finish it}


{finally}


{its about time}


{thanks Nate}



6) Well, One final down, two to go.  The third is a massive project but luckily it isn't due until next Tuesday.  That means 5 more days.  When I'm done, I'm going to take a day off, wake up around 10:00, go get a soy latte and drink it while I watch Heros.  Then I'm going to read, draw, listen to Joe Purdy all day, and ponder my future.  There's a lot to choose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment