For you, love.
It can't be midnight right now
in this time warped world
and these rain soaked streets
whose puddles mirror my memories back at me
with each turn of the wheel
and shift of the clutch.
the first time you took my hand
a thousand things aligned at once.
rain soaked streets,
clear, crisp air,
winter parting in all its glory.
then spring opened its small petals
as if it had been waiting for us to bloom.
If i would have known
like i do now,
I would have been more gentle with the fleeting past.
I think I'll learn to play the piano
or build castles in the sand.
cause there's so much we didn't do, love.
but you showed me winter
and and my loving
like no one ever could.
but, this city on pause is my playground
and self-expression seeps from every note i hear.
come on and break the door down,
I'm ready
I'm ready
No comments:
Post a Comment