Friday, March 20, 2009

"there's a whale in the moon when it's clear and a bird on the tide"

I've been meaning to write this post for days now. Fortunately and unfortunately I've been so full of inspiration lately that its taken a lot of mental space to process AND I've recently become addicted to Lost, so there hasn't been much time to create anything. I've been very engrossed in the idea (and research) of actually making art a business for myself too. The tough part is, I don't really know where to start or what I want to specifically focus on because there are so many possibilities. I also have to keep reminding myself that gong to Europe this year is my priority right now, not starting a business. So I think for now, I'm going to attempt to make something every single day, that at the very least I can blog about. Early mornings need to become something I'm much more acquainted with in order to do this, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

Until then, I'm off for a fabulous weekend in Carbon County with my favorite girls. It will be a heck of a good time, and I think after spending $60 on getting film developed, I'm ready to put Sir Lancelot back to work.

Here are some things I'm adoring and some things I'm definitely purchasing!

This is one of the cutest and most creative things I've seen lately. . .

Personalized Postcard Pillow
by Olive


In my search for mustard yellow, I found these adorable cups by clayswan (I think I'm in love). . .

Yeah, pretty much I adore these Turquoise Apothecary Canisters @ domestikate



All Women Have Secrets
by stilettoheights

I pretty much have to have this next one. Why you ask? Because birds and whales are my favorite animals, and its inspired by the Tom Waits' song, "Fish & Bird" (such a sweet song. . .see video below)


Bird & Whale
by falldowntree. . .who happens to be local : )


Wow, that's a long post!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment